Lucid Dreaming can also be used as a tool for magick by enabling us to communicate with others through the astral plane. By becoming self-aware within the dream, we can access the power of the unconscious mind and connect with other beings on a deeper level. This can include communicating with guides, ancestors, and even others we know or want to know better in the waking world.
What You Need:
- Dream Journal
- Flashlight or light next to your bed to record your dreams upon awakening (If you wake up in the middle of the night, record your memories, and you can return back to sleep).
To create unique solutions to present-day challenges by setting the intention to become lucid, building momentum (karma) that crosses over into the dream world. Before going to sleep, place your dream journal next to your bed, make yourself comfortable, and state your intention to Lucid Dream out loud.
What You’ll Do:
- Avoid alcohol and eat light before going to sleep
- Set an alarm for six hours after you go to sleep, prompting you to awake and record your dreams, or sleep naturally.
- Find a comfortable body position, such as sitting up with a straight back or sleeping on the right side.
- Listen to a guided meditation with headphones or a speaker as you drift off to sleep.
- Incorporate Tibetan Buddhist Throat Visualization by imagining a red lotus flower with four leaves glowing at the base of your throat and visualizing an "AH" there (or a white light radiating upwards from the bottom of your throat).
- Write "Am I dreaming?" on the top of your left hand before going to bed. When you awaken, ask yourself again - am I dreaming?
Hints While In The Dream State:
- Ask yourself "Am I dreaming right now?" and "How do I know this?"
- Look for a piece of written paper, and if the words change, you are likely dreaming.
- Pinch your nose closed, if you can still breathe through your nose, you are likely dreaming.
- Use your imagination and look at your hands.
- Face what is frightening you and ask for assistance from other characters in your dream.
- Remind yourself that you are safe in bed.
Encounter With Wise Beings And Guides:
- Ask the question "Who are you?" and be open to guidance and education from beings of greater awareness.
Read Your Dream Journal:
- Take some time to research the symbols and dream journey.
- Use Lucid Dreaming as a tool to problem solve present-day challenges.
- Meditate and keep the Moon tarot card on your altar, meditating on the image before going to bed each evening for a week.
- Stay aware of symbols, dreams, and people that come to you after the journey work. Even months later.
- Keep a journal and record your dreams and emotional responses.